I love learning, I love stories, and I love learning from stories. There’s nothing like being so captivated by a story that you lose track of time. Great stories can ignite emotions in the depths of one’s soul and unlock new ways of thinking–that’s why I love them so much. Here are some stories that I want to share with you:
1. Blue Like Jazz – I’ve always loved this book by Donald Miller and now I love the movie. Rarely ever do I love a movie as much as I love the book it was based on because I can be such a critic like that (don’t even ask me about The Hunger Games). But I thought this movie was awesome. The story is great because it’s real and relatable, and it’s told in such an authentic, fun, and beautiful way. Here’s the trailer:
3. Listening to Shame by Brené Brown – Of course, I had to listen to the follow-up.
4. Real Security and the Call of God – This was a message preached by Timothy Keller in the church he leads in New York about the story of Abraham, which is one of my all-time favorite stories. How can I not be captivated by the journey of a man who stepped out of his comfort zone without knowing where he was going?
5. What I Learned About To-Do Lists from My Eight-Year-Old Son by Barry Hill, Jr. – This is a simple story with a powerful lesson. Great read.
6. Discover Your Dream: Kenton Beshore and Bob Goff – This was an event done at our church a couple of weeks ago. I loved the energy, and I took down notes like crazy. I always love the wisdom and conviction that our senior pastor, Kenton, brings to the table, and Bob Goff…what can I say. One of my favorite people, ever. If you’ve read Donald Miller‘s book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, you’ll get a picture of how captivating and fun Bob Goff is. He’s an awesome storyteller.
Have you come across any great stories lately? Do share!